This week's Ten on Tuesday's topic is:
Ten Things You Do To Get Your Home Ready for Fall.
We are quickly rolling into my most favorite time of year...Autumn! I love everything about it. The chilly nights and early mornings, the smell of wood-stoves and leaves burning. It brings me right back to being that little girl who loved to jump in the leaves, or crunching through them as I walked along to school.
So this is what I do to get ready for fall..
1. Pull up all of the perennials and put most of the vegetable garden to rest.
2. Plant some festive fall plantings, with Mums and fall cabbages.
3. Fall clean this old house. I'm not always great at this one, but I really do try to scrub out one room from top to bottom and wash all of the windows.
4. Make big pots of soup, stew and homemade biscuits....Mmmm.
5. Enjoy the AMAZING foliage that I am so fortunate to be surrounded by here in the mountains.
6. Apples and apple picking. Apples are the best this time of year!
7. Fryeburg Fair and now I get to go for a day because I only work the last weekend, not the entire week.
8. Wool socks. I love when I get to pull out the hand made socks again.
9. Bring out the Autumn decorations and fire up the cider candles
10. ..and lastly, enjoy each and every day as Fall is short up here in the Mountains, so each day is a gift!
What do you do to get ready for fall?