Carole's prelude for this week's Ten on Tuesday is one I really agree with. I am not always successful, but I do try to be mindful of of finding a little sparkle in the midst of challenges
When life is hectic and crazy, when work is stressful or overwhelming, it really helps to focus on the good things that are going on. Honestly, it’s always helpful to focus on the good things and that’s why this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things I’m Happy About Right Now.
- Finding quiet time for the creative side of me. Sometimes it is Spinning or knitting. Sometimes it is learning in photography classes and sometimes it is just playing with color. These things make me happy, especially during the long days of winter.
- My family, but you already know this about me. Our 2 new grandbabies just make me smile. I love all of my grandchildren so much and now that I have a little more time in my life, I really enjoy the time I have to spend with my grandchildren. They are great kids!
- Sunday mornings ~ Sipping coffee on the sofa, watcing shows that I enjoy, knowing that I really do not have to jump up and get dressed for the day. Sunday's here are slow, enjoyable days and always have been. I love Sunday.
- Football...especially this week! w00t! Go Pats!
- Tai Chi makes me happy. I think that all of my years of reading Deng Ming ~ Dao has led me to this form of expression. I have so much to learn...learning to be quiet, to listen, to watch and embrace. You know how hard that is for an ADD person, but the challenge of learning quiets the ADD. It makes me happy.
- Pulling up the shade in the morning and being greeted by an awesomely sunny day. It's amazing how much that sun helps to set my feet in the right direction.
- Working on the downstairs bathroom. Each painful step is bringing me closer to a soak in a tub that I have not enjoyed in 10 years and if you know me at all, you know how happy I will be!
- Frosty mornings...I love them. The temperatures are going to be favorable all week, which means I can get out and do what I love to do ~ walk. I love to walk in the beauty of the place that is my home and walking in the cold, crisp air while listening to tunes that motivate me on....makes me very happy!
- Having the tedious parts of my new website finished. Very happy!
- Listening to my husband who gently snores as I type this. I am not always a fan of the snoring, but I do love this man who supports me every single day. He makes me happy.