Do you get the Christmas newsletters that many send out? I hate to say dreaded, but truth be told, I would much rather hear from my friends/relatives a few times a year by phone or by email than by a letter tucked inside of a Christmas card, but yet we get them. I know....life is busy, but still. So this week's topic is 10 Things I would Put in a Christmas Letter?
1. We celebrated the birthdays of our two new grandsons this year. I have so enjoyed getting to know these sweet little boys.
2. Ken and I have been married for 20 years this year and we celebrated the event by purchasing 2 new (well new to us) kayaks this year
3. In those kayaks we spent many wonderful days in the lakes of New Hampshire and the shores of Maine in Massachusetts.
4. Another sweet week in our favorite house on Cape Cod. We will live there some day.
5. Courtney is now an alumni and Hannah is in her sophomore year...where does the time go?
6. We celebrated Thanksgiving with all or our children, their spouses, their children and my parents. It was truly the highlight of my year.
7. Tai Chi ~ it has been such a balancing influence in my life, both in my body and my mind. I learn something new every time I go.
8. For my oldest granson's birthday, which is Christmas Day, we once again did Angel's and Elves, which is an organization that makes sure that any child in need has some presents under the tree. This year was a stretch for my 10 year old grandson...his child that we were given was a 15 year old girl...ha! It truly was a stretch for us knowing how 15 year old girls can be, but she gave us good ideas and I hope she will be happy with the choices we made for her.
9. A new loom came home with me to light up my winter days. So many ideas dancing around in my head
10. I have met a lot of goals this year, I have walked on a regular basis, I finished 2 photography processing classes, I have lost 10 pounds (more to go) and I have stuck with my Tai Chi class. Sticking with things for me is not always easy, but this year I have been successful with some of them.
Here's to 2015 and no fear...I will not be sending out the Christmas letter..ha!