This week's Ten on Tuesday has pulled me out of hibernation.........
"10 Favorite Things I Own That Are Made of Wood.
It's no secret that I love fine wood....indeed I do!
Here are a few of my favorite things.....
1. First on the list is my beautiful spinning wheel that was custom built for my by Tom Livernois of McTavish Wheels. It always makes me smile when I am spinning on this amazing collection of wood.
2. My thick walnut Boos cutting board that Ken gave me for Christmas. I keep this on my island in the kitchen. It is always ready to be used.
3. The beautiful flame maple rolling pin that I bought from a craftsman on Etsy...actually I purchased 2, the second one is scrumptious birdseye maple. They double up as a great tool for pounding chicken in plastic bags.
4. Our Cherry dinning room table.....it gets more beautiful with each year.
5. Our old Mahogany dining room table....it is the table that raised and fed my children as they grew. Each one of those scratches and water rings held a story that will always be dear to my heart. Structurally it just wore out, but it served us well.
6. The freshly cut baseboard in our new bathroom.......there is nothing that I love more than the smell of freshly cut wood. If I weren't so afraid of power tools because um....I am not good with sharp tools, I would probably love cutting wood with a chain saw. Smells better than a new car!
7. The beautiful birds-eye maple Purrington Angel Wings that I use on my loom when I am weaving. The cost was a little bit more....but was there ever any question?
8. Then there is this little purple heart seam ripper that recently joined the plastic ones in my sewing room....sigh.
9. The little salt and pepper cellar that lives next to my stove. Always ready for a pinch of this or that to be tossed into the pot.
I probably could go on and on....but I will end here. Thank you Carole and Dale for an inspiring Ten on Tuesday!