Carole's Ten on Tuesday topic this week is 10 Things I Miss About My Home When I’m Away...
Given that we just came home last week after a full week away, it's very fresh in my mind what I miss.
1. My mattress! Some of the hotels I have stayed in are actually more comfortable than my own mattress, but our little house on the Cape does not have good mattresses, so this time I bought a memory foam pad with me.. ;-)
2. Knowing where the utensils are in the kitchen and real dishes, not melamine.
3. My coffee maker! I love a good cuppa in the morning to set my feet in the right direction. My coffee maker makes a good cup of coffee.
4. My shower...you know, the one that Ken just finished. I love being surrounded by all of that marble which reminds me of the incredible city library of my youth. Our vacation home has a very small shower in the bathroom we used this year....we call it the coffin shower..ha!
5. Our big screen tv with extended cable. Our little home does not have very many cable stations. Not that we watch tv all that much on vacation, but it is nice to watch some mindless house hunters at the end of a full day of fun.
6. My big kitchen, but hey...this year we ate out way more than we usually do, so I am not complaining. ;-)
7. Hannah...my last child kind of living at home. This will be a bittersweet year for us as she finishes her last year of college. It was great to have her home this summer. I miss having her here already!
8. My 5 loving companions who great me with kisses every day. (I didn't miss picking up the poop though...)
9. My summer backyard. I love the birds who share my yard.
10....but really...this was a stretch because I LOVE being on VACATION! I love our little home, I love all of the different things that we do and I enjoy our quiet mornings on the beautiful deck that graces our little home.
Thank you Carole for a good 10 on Tuesday!