I love Autumn...it's my most favorite time of year. Yes, I know it is the season before the one we may not love quite as much, but I always embrace it every year. It is a celebration of color before the quietness of early winter settles in.
While I love the amazing display of color that we will see in a few weeks up here in the mountains, I also love the quiet dusty colors of early fall that greet me on my morning walks.
So soothing....it makes me smile.
So, I thought today that I would would share some random thoughts that run though my mind on my daily walks.
- I am so fortunate to have my daily walk in such a beautiful place that makes my heart smile.
- Damn pigeons! The summer birds are leaving now and the pigeons are settling in again on the electric wire that goes through our side yard and will eventually try to settle on our roof when winter arrives. Not a fan! Sling shot? The summer birds obviously feel the same way as they shun them away.
- What are my priorities today....not always easy for an ADD drifting mind, but I do try to make a mental list as I walk.
- Oh...the cows are out in the field near the road today....Hi girls!"
- Flo Rida's new song, "I don't like it, I love it" as I complete my first mile makes me smile.
- The bills...blerg, what do I need to do to stay on pace today. Yes, my mind works overtime.
- Family...each one of the songs on my playlist makes me think about one of my children and Ken. These songs empower me as I walk along.
- The MOUNTAINS! So beautiful and never changing.
- Watching the seasons change. Each season brings it's own beauty on my path, I love my path...it's so beautiful.
- Damn...that last hill...suck it up and get it done!
- A break at the traffic light to sit and catch my breath when the light is red...thank you!
- The light tells me go.....almost home....second cup of coffee and planning out my day.
...and there you have it, a little glimpse into what runs through my mind as I walk. Nothing life changing or earth shattering, but it's never a quiet mind.
I will leave you with a portion of my favorite Vivaldi Four Seasons....Autumn.