So this week's Ten on Tuesday's topic is Ten Chores I Do That My Spouse Could Do But Doesn’t. I, like many of my friends struggled a little to find 10 things that I do that Ken does not/would not do. It's easy to think of the things that someone else does, but a little harder to give yourself credit for the things that you do, but here goes.
1. I am in charge of all of the touchy, feely things as Ken likes to put it. The girls (and my son still occasionally) come to me when they need an ear to talk to or a shoulder to lean on. They go to him when they need $$. ;-)
2. Along with that, I bring the girls to the mall for a day of shopping, for haircuts and an occasional mani/pedi treat.
3. Making and changing the bed has always been my job. Ken does help now and then because the new mattress is so darn big and heavy, but mostly I do it myself.
4. Cleaning this old house. I loathe dusting more than just about any other chore, but then I really hate looking at the dust, so I get it done.
5. Windows...see above. More than dirty windows, I hate streaky windows, so Ken lets me take care of it. (guess how his windows come out? ha!)
6. Gardening. Ken cuts the lawns and does all of the weed wacking, but I tend to the vegetable and perennial gardens. It works for both of us.
7. Caring for the dogs which means cleaning the dog yard, feeding and bathing them, and trips to the vet. I pay for all of their expenses as well.
8. I take Ken out for dinner every Friday night...it's my treat to him (and me) for a work week finished.
9. Holiday planning and cooking for my large family. I really enjoy doing this, even Thanksgiving, which I used to hate when my 5 children were still living here...all that work to be devoured in short minutes. Now that I do not have to chase the kids while I am making dinner, I really do enjoy it, even if I do miss those cute little kids I had to chase around.
10. I am the social director. I plan and now make sure we go on vacation, I plan and host most of the birthdays for my children and parents. I also make sure that Ken and I get out and do things as he tends to be a homebody.
Whew! Finished! Ken and I really do share a lot of the responsibilities here at home, working in tandem. He's a keeper!