It's been a little while since I did Ten on Tuesday, but I really like this week's topic...10 Favorite Things To Do When You’re Alone.
I don't get much time alone where I am not working, but I have to say that I really enjoy those stolen moments when it happens and this is what I love to do best.
1. Sew. Years ago when I was first married, sewing was the mother of necessity. I stitched curtains and sewed for the kids and when I didn't have to do that any longer, the sewing machine was put away for many years, until the last few years. Now that I don't have to sew, I enjoy it even more.
2. Knit. My love of knitting is what brought me to my current career and how I met so many of my dearest friends today.
3. Walking and listening to tunes. It's been a little while since I have been able to walk as much as I would like to, but when I am able there is nothing that I enjoy more than the sun shining on my head and energizing tunes singing in my ears.
4. Blog reading. I don't get to do this very much either, but when I have a few extra minutes alone, I love reading different craft and food blogs getting new ideas and recipes.
5. Sitting out in the yard watching the birds after dinner with a glass of wine and a book or knitting. I love my little bird friends.
6. Visiting fabric stores. I always come home inspired...maybe a little too inspired judging by my fabric stash.
7. Sitting on the beach with a good book. I don't get to do this very often any longer as going to the beach is not nearly as easy, but I am looking forward to when I live closer again.
8. Watching endless house hunters/international house hunters even if they are re-runs.
9. Organize and sort with no interruptions and no one checking out what I am tossing away. It's no fun otherwise. ;-)
10. Staying up ultra late and waking up to quietness. I wouldn't like that all the time, but every now and then it feels a little decadent.
...as much as I enjoy stolen moments alone, I can honestly say I don't love being home alone at dinner time, that is when I miss my family most. How about you, what do you like to do when you have a little alone time?