This week's Ten on Tuesday is Ten Favorite Summertime Treats. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday about our weekend, which was another trip to the ocean, except this time we went with Hannah, Shawn, Ashley and Brian which made it extra fun. Hannah snapped off this picture of the gulls in the marsh...love it!
Top of my list of summer time treats is:
1. Going to the ocean. By far my most favorite summertime treat!
2. Seeing seagulls at the ocean....love those little scavengers with their steely blue eyes.
3. Lobster. I don't eat it often, but every now and then it is a wonderful treat.
4. Knitting on Summer evenings with a glass of wine. I think I actually knit more in the summer than any other time.
5. Lemon Drop Martini's. (used to be a summer treat, now its a regular Friday nite treat...LOL)
6. Ice Cream. No doubt about it....ice-cream is and always has been my biggest weakness. Y.U.M!
7. Caprese Salad made with yellow and orange tomatoes. I don't love red tomatoes, but I really enjoy these heirloom type tomatoes that you can only find here in the summer along with fresh mozzarella and garden basil.
8. Watching the fireflies on a warm night.
9. Corn, bean, tomato salad with feta.....mmm....thanks Carole, it's definitely a big summer time favorite here!
10. Summer winds. I really love a warm windy early afternoon. Gentle summer breezes.
How about you, what is your favorite summer treat?