This week's Ten On Tuesday is, 10 Mittens/Mitts I Want To Knit.
It's been pretty chilly up here, especially on my earlier morning walk/runs, so new mittens are definitely on my mind. See those mittens above? Those were my MOST favorite mittens ever. Polwarth that I had carded, spun, dyed and then over dyed with a cheery red color. Then I added some angora trim from one of my favorite bunnies, so when I lost them last year I was crushed. Luckily I have 2 skeins of that same nasty blue (dye fail) polwarth that I can overdye again and recreate these mittens, so I will start off with that pattern.
1. Claudia's Mittens ~ free directions and very comfy
2. Eliza Mitts ~ My granddaughter loves the pair that lives in my studio, so she will be getting a pair for Christmas in her favorite vibrant shade of green.
3. Post War Mittens ~ Color work scares the bejesus out of me. I bought this pattern when it came out and still have not attempted it, but I am going to this year!
5. Shallow Mitts ~ to go with the Shallow cowl I am going to make. I love Bonnie's patterns! I may even have to buy the recommended yarn which is crazy for a Woolen Rabbit who has more yarn than she knows what to do with.
8. Susie's Reading Mitts ~ I have loved these forever, I just need to knit some!
9. Clepsydra Mittens ~ I LOVE Kirsten's patterns!
10. Fiddlehead Mittens ~ I think that these should move up to 2nd because I love then so.
I love all of these mittens, but I will be lucky if I get more than McKayla's finished as I am busy making the yarn....kind of like the cobbler's kid's shoes. :-)
What is your favorite mitten pattern?