Today's Ten on Tuesdays topic is Ten Favorite Sunday Dinners. When the weather has turned from summer to fall the menu tends to change as well. A little less grilling and a little more cooking. Back when I was a child and even when my own older children were little we always had a large Sunday dinner after church. I kind of miss how much less hurried life seemed during those days, don't you?
Here is my list of Favorite Sunday Dinners...brings back happy memories. :-)
1. Pot Roast with roasted vegetables....so delicious.
3. Spagetti and Meatballs (My mom's sauce has been passed down from her, to me, to my daughters....it's very yummy and not chunky)
4. Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy.
5. New England Boiled Dinner.....although I hated the cabbage.
6. Meatloaf....the way I make it
7. Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
9. Baked Ham with raisin sauce....mmmmm.
10. Chicken and Dumplings
There you have it. Of course these days of watching my weight a lot of these are things I can only have once in a while, but as the days get cooler, we will indulge now and then. Did you eat the big Sunday Dinners when you were younger?