The last few days here have been pretty much dedicated to my Twisted Vines sweater. Having finished up with all of my Christmas knitting, my knitting schedule is pretty much unoccupied right now.
A few months ago, I was smitten with this pattern and thought that it might work well with a few of the new yarns that I have to sample....so on the needles it went.
I had thought that this would be a great pattern for my Tranquilo alpaca yarn, but as you can see the pattern was much too loosely knit for this yarn. I suppose I could drop down a few needle sizes, but that would greatly reduce the size of the shawl, so I decided to try the pattern with another yarn.
Each side starts with a K1, YO and ends with a YO, K1. On the beginning of the knit side row, I can get the tension right and it looks neat, but at the end of the row with the YO,K1 and then turn to purl, it is just sloppy looking :(
I spent the afternoon scouring shawl patterns and this is the one that I would love to use for the sea silk, so I am hoping that a few of you may have some helpful hints to send me on tightening up that left side edge. :)