Progress is being made on my "end of summer" projects. The large bag portion of McKayla's backpack will be finished tonight.....leaving only the straps, assembly and finally felting it.
Can I tell you a secret.....I HATED every minute of working this flower. Now, had I done some reading on Intarsia, I would have realized that I made this flower MUCH harder than it really needed to be....aggh!
I carried the main colored yarn across the back of the flower as though I were doing fair isle knitting. What I should have done was work the flower back and forth in the purple and work each side of the flower with 2 separate balls or bobbins in the main color. It makes complete sense!
Having never done any real intarsia, nor reading anything about it in the past, it wasn't until I read Beth's comments mentioning Intarsia that I did some research on it. As I said.....I made this flower much harder than it really needed to be....sigh.
I am going to have to try another project soon and use the Intarsia method. I think I know exactly what I will try :). I will share soon....
" Hey Teach" is moving along, but slower now that I have been focusing on getting McKayla's bag ready for the end of this week and school.
I have also been absolutely smitten with dyeing up these rovings. I swear, they are like potato chips...you can't just do one.
When I get my website updated, I will continue to offer my saturated Luxury rovings, but I will be doing all of my superwash rovings in this Splish Splash fashion. I am working on spinning up some to make sure that they look as nice in the finished yarn as they do in the roving.
So as summer is winding down and school is starting tomorrow, I am looking forward to a few free hours each week to work on some new things...