I found this little meme on Carole's page and decided to join along with her. So many things we have to be thankful for, especially the friendship of others!
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? My house is the biggest family house, so it is the "designated" gathering place and although I bitch and complain at times, I prefer entertaining at home.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Frozen, although fresh would be better.
3. What kind of stuffing? Pepperidge Farm with lots of sausage
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie.....and mincemeat, coconut cream and apple.
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Leftovers are better than the meal :-). Hot turkey sandwiches and turkey croquettes....yum!
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Broccoli casserole
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Nope.......I hate picking thru a carcass....ick. I do love turkey soup though when someone else makes it :-)
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? I agree with Carole, 2 ovens and a maid to come clean the house the day before.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? We have a leisurely breakfast and dine mid to late afternoon.
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? I can't remember what it was like to go to someone else's house...LOL.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? I welcome any and all gifts :-).
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?
No drama, but lots of old stories over and over and over and we laugh as though hearing it for the first time.
13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Wine ;-)
14. What are you thankful for this year? I'm thankful for the wonderful children that I have. We have had many ups and downs over the years, but my children have always been the one thing that has kept me grounded. I am proud that they are such good kids inspite of some of the adversities they have had to endure. I am also thankful for the wonderfully supportive fiber community I have found thru blogging!
Now it's your turn. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?